The Baker Hotel and Spa is more than a building, lobby or a hotel room. It is an amalgamation of emotions found throughout a lovingly restored architectural work of art — it’s a warm smile upon arrival, the plushness of a suite, the friendliness of the staff at every turn, the healing sensation of a mineral water bath and the rapture of a Texas sunset seen from the porch of the fourteenth floor patio. The hotel is an enchanting meeting point for residents and visitors alike to immerse themselves in luxury, comfort and hospitality, all while enjoying the natural landscape and burgeoning spirit of the recharged Mineral Wells.
We will keep you informed on the great progress to restore The Baker Hotel and Spa.
The hotel’s remediation and demolition processes have progressed to include the completion of abatement on the Basement, Street, Lobby and Mezzanine levels, with demolition nearing completion on these levels as well. Abatement has now advanced to the Spa level.
A portion of the floor-level windows on the Cloud Room and mezzanine levels have been restored, renovated (not yet painted) and re-installed.
Construction offices were established and an exterior construction elevator is set for installation at the end of the month, allowing for vertical abatement and demolition work to begin.
The team has been able to uncover, identify and salvage a number of hotel artifacts — including the hotel’s original exterior lamps.
* More than $142,000 in Palo Pinto County sales tax revenue will be generated from renovation purchases
* Will contribute nearly 100,000 working days during construction, which equates to more than $3 million dollars in local dining expenditures
* More than $550,000 per year in new hotel occupancy tax revenues will go to the city of Mineral Wells
* More than $175,000 per year in sales tax revenues to the city of Mineral Wells will be generated from The Baker Hotel post-opening
* Total annual tax revenues of more than $700,000 will be generated, which equates to a net present value to the city of Mineral Wells of $13.5 million dollars
* More than 135 new full-time jobs to the city of Mineral Wells will be created
* A grand landmark of the city — the anchor of historic downtown’s revitalization — will be brought back to life, making Mineral Wells proud
* Endless direct financial contributions and impact to the town of Mineral Wells